Rainy Days + Jazz = Delightful!!

I'm currently sitting in my favorite place in the world, sipping a delightful coffee beverage, listening to some good jazz and using this mildly rainy day to reflect.

I went out for a run this morning, 6 miles, and as soon as I stepped out of my door I began to complain. It was cold and rainy, and I was just rather upset about the whole situation. As I ran, I just complained to God. All summer long when it was blazing hot outside I constantly asked God to rain on me when I ran. It never did. Even when I went out if it had been raining as soon as I stepped outside it quit. So now when it is 59 degrees outside it rains on me.

As I ran farther, I thought about the rain, and then a Katie Bennett lyric started running through my head where she just repeats "Let it rain" over and over again. She is talking about an outpouring of God's Presence on us. Then it hit me.

All summer long I was in a desert season. I knew I was in a desert season. God told me several times that I was in a desert season. And it never rained on me when I ran. FYI: I equate my running with my walk with God. As I began to realize this, I became rather excited and I asked God if I was finally out of the desert. My answer was in the rain and a quiet reassurance in my heart that I had indeed weathered this desert. And in that moment, I began to exult in the rain!! :)

The goodness continued as I continued to have wonderful revelations during my run. I realized that I have to turn in my grad school application and leave the results up to God. I am supposed to be like Peter in this. I have to get out of the boat. I have this feeling that I am going to be making a lot of leaps of faith in the near future.

I was super excited when I went to the chiropractor today because my entire lower body was balanced. My pelvis and my legs were in alignment!!! Soooo exciting...sitting without my legs crossed at the knee is totally worth it!! And I just feel good which is a wonderful feeling.

Classes have been good today. I have accomplished many things that I needed to do for work and just for other responsibilities in general.

And I have been in a jazzy mood today. It actually started yesterday and I was just really in the mood for some jazz, so all day today I've been listening to jazz - Coltrane, Davis, and others. Pandora is my friend. All I have wanted to do today is drink coffee, listen to jazz, and write.

Yesterday I began a creative writing of my vacation, and I have really just been in a writing mood - not that it takes much to get me in a writing mood.

Tonight I have JBB's and I am so excited to see all my beautiful girls!! I need to read over Romans 1 once more. I am so excited that we are going to be studying the book of Romans. I think it is time again. God finally allowed me to move on to Ephesians 6, so I'm not sure how long I will be in it, but I'm about ready to be out of Ephesians.

Keep is Safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!