Something I wrote...

Here's a little ditty I wrote for my English class today.

IB Designs is a little jewelry shop on a street I don't remember the name of in Christensted on the island of St. Croix. I have been in the shop 3 times, but the only time I bought something there was the first time I went in. I bought a plain, simple, sliver bracelet. The island is famous for their bracelets. The bracelets have a solid bangle with a clasp of some kind. The traditional braclet has a "C" clasp which stands for Cruzan, what the residents call themselves. The clasp on the bracelet I bought is a circle. It is called the Circle of Life bracelet.

I was only planning to buy one bracelet, that's all I could afford. I picked this one because of the circle. A circle is a perfect shape. It has no corners; it has no points. A circle never ends. It's the ony shape that doesn't. It continues forever in one long glorious arc.

Eternity never ends. It stretches out forever before us. Day to day, week to week, year to year life is inconsistent and ever changing. Eternity remains constant, always out there stretching on forever. It is easy to get caught up in the day to day, week to week, year to year and forget about eternity. That's why I bought the bracelet. I wear it everyday on my right wrist.

I had fun writing that....in other news...I have been published!! I submitted a letter to the editor of The Standard, and they published it. I was shocked!! :) in a good way of course.

I also got back my first econometrics test today and I aced it. I was so excited I had to restrain myself from shouting and jumping for joy.

I chalked on campus for the women's conference today...I really hate chalk, but it needed to be done. Now if God will just protect the chalking from rain that would be fabulous.

This has been a long day, so I think I will finish up the last things I need to do and hit the hay.

Also...in case I haven't told you...God is sooooo faithful and soooooo good. Never, ever, ever doubt that!

Safe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!