24 Hours

There is a TV show called 24. Some friends of my parents have all the seasons, so they loaned them to M and D to watch. I am not up to see my parents that frequently, so I mostly missed watching it, but as far as I understand the principle behind the show it focuses on a 24 hour period. The entire season is supposed to represent these 24 hours with each episode being some break up of this (I don't remember if it is an hour or a minute). Anyway, while I know basically nothing about the TV show, I like the importance that is placed on a 24 hour period. So much happens in 24 hours and we almost never take the time to actually sit down and break it down and examine what all happened.

Right now, I feel like I am in a very surreal place because in 24 hours I will have run a marathon. Part of me doesn't really believe it. I feel like I have been training so long, and now it is finally here. I picked up my packet today along with my shirt and my tag. It hasn't sunk in yet. I don't think it really will until after it is over.

I am carb loading and praying like crazy. This morning I spent massaging knots out of my shins...I didn't know you could get knots in your shins until yesterday when my chiropractor started working on them. WOW...I just have to say that is painful!!

People keep asking me two questions: 1) Am I nervous? 2) Am I excited?

I am not really nervous. I know that I will finish, but at the same time I know that this is going to be difficult. I am excited. I am excited to see the fulfillment of God's promise in my life. I am excited to see the finish line. I'm excited to be done. I'm excited to share this experience with my family. And I'm excited to glorify God.

I need to finish getting ready for my family to show up. I also need to do some homework and then I need to figure out what I'm wearing to the two Halloween parties I'm going to tonight.

The next time I blog, I will be a marathoner...AHHHH!!!

Safe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!