Hot Chocolate for Cold Days

Cold days...much like this one...make me want hot chocolate, so tonight I made some...and I added chili powder. That is definitely not something I would normally have done, but after I watched the movie Chocolat I really wanted to try it, so I am currently drinking hot chocolate with chili powder...it is actually quite delightful.

I am really having a hard time with accepting cold weather...I just don't like it...it's icky, and I hate being cold, which I inevitably am when the weather turns cold. However, I am trying to look on the bright side of things in life, and I am trying to appreciate the seasons that I find myself in, so I am going to make a list of things I enjoy about the cold.

Snow, hot chocolate, fun coats and scarfs, being in a hot tub when the weather is cold, Christmas, the fact that God made the cold.

That's about it...I'll keep thinking on it, and hopefully come up with more along the way. At any rate...I will be glad when Spring returns.

This evening has been a fun evening. I have had lots of good quality time. I had dinner with K which was fun...and we had thai...also fun. :) And now I have leftover thai...plus I branched out and tried something new this time...yellow curry is quite good.

Then L came over and we had a fun evening chatting and enjoying hanging out with just each other, because that never happens. It was awesome getting to hear her heart and to share mine as well. Can I just say that I love my friends...they are pretty freaking fantastic.

I also ran in my new shoes for the first time this afternoon. It was quite nice...we'll see how tomorrow goes...first long run in new shoes. I'm gonna aim for 16 miles, but we'll see how it goes. I need to get to bed soon so I am rested for the run tomorrow. The one thing I don't have to worry about is the temperature...another thing to like about cold weather...I can run any time of the day.

I started reading the book So Much More Than Sexy today...and I'm really enjoying it so far. Right now my book stack is about 5 books high. Three are for book studies, and two are for fun.

I am going to babysit tomorrow night...it will be nice to have the income. Today has really been a struggle with trusting God with my finances. This whole week really has been. I feel like I did finally break through this morning, but trusting is still difficult.

Peace out...Safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!