Loveliness

I slept for 10ish hours last night...lovely! I woke up this morning in time to tell mi madre good-bye before she left for work, and then I crawled back into bed and went back to sleep for about 4 more hours...so nice!

Yesterday I had a very lovely thought about trees. I was walking on campus, and I was so sad because all of the trees look dead. I asked myself why all the trees look dead, and the immediate answer was because they are dead. As soon as I thought that I realized the fallacy of the statement. The trees aren't dead - they are merely sleeping, waiting for Spring to return to their glorious leaf covered state.

So I asked God why when the trees aren't dead He allows them to look dead. Answer: Because things aren't always as they appear to be.

Just because we see something one way doesn't mean that that is really the way it is. I hinted at this in on of my recent blogs when I talked about knowing that what I was feeling was a lie, and yet it seems like the truth. Just because something appears to be the truth (like trees appearing dead) does not mean that it is (trees are in fact not dead).

Just because my future looks like a huge fog cloud right now does not mean that it is. It just means that I don't have a correct perspective on it. I need to have my vision adjusted. And what better to adjust it than some good, solid Truth.

"For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for good and not for harm to give you a future with hope." Jeremiah 29:11 - I know it's an over-quoted and cliche verse, but Truth it remains.

Tomorrow is Turkey Day. :) I'm excited to see family and to enjoy spending time together. I think tonight (or possibly tomorrow) M, D and I will be baking pies...yum! And Friday I look forward to my day-after-Thanksgiving tradition of cold pumpkin pie for breakfast.

Well, I need to get to doing some homework...and I need to start laundry.

I just discovered how to make a playlist on YouTube...now I can listen to video after video of this lovely woman. :) Yay!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!