So why aren't you married?

Family Thanksgiving was good...it was fun to see everyone...it was good to eat delicious food (in fact I am still stuffed from lunch which was almost 8 hours ago).

There was the announcement of another baby on the way...that will make 7 grandchildren plus 2 on the way for my aunt and uncle. How crazy/awesome is that?!?! It seems like it wasn't that long ago that my cousins and I were just kids ourselves, and now they are all having kids. WOW!

I was rather delighted because as I was on my way up to my parents house a couple days ago, I was thinking how I would probably want a beer or red wine with the Thanksgiving feast, but how that was unlikely to happen. (Some in my family don't approve of drinking) However, my cousin's boyfriend's parents brought wine for all of us...that was wonderful! And after dinner we all just sat around with wine and beer and had a fun time talking and catching up.

It was altogether a delightful day...except for the part where I was asked (by different people at different times) if there was a significant other in my life. Why does being the only one in the family without a significant other automatically make you into a freak? I know that none of them intended to make it seem that way, but it's just something I'm a little sensitive about.

My mom told me tonight that she was glad that I was single...I didn't respond in the most gracious way...in fact it might have come across as a little bitter. I said: Yeah, we should have a club. We could get shirts that say "I'm glad you're single."

I'm really not bitter about being single (and I'm not just saying that in an attempt to get myself to believe it). I am content and happy with my life the way it is right now. Yes, I still have unfulfilled desires, one of which is to be married, but I know that God has me like this for a reason. And if there is one thing I know in life it is that His ways are higher and my ways and His thoughts are higher than my thoughts. He has plans that I don't understand, but they are infinitely better than any that I could ever come up with. I am at this point in my life so that God may be glorified through my life.

I'm also really happy because I might get to see my sister on Sunday because they are probably going to be coming back from up north Saturday night, so I will get to see them Sunday on my way back to SGF. :)

Well, I'm about ready to peace out for the night...easy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!