Sunday...sigh

I am tired...that seems to be a theme in my life right now. I'm thinking Sunday afternoon nap will be happening in the near future...but only for a little while because life doesn't stop.

Let's see...what has been happening in my life lately?? The student I tutored last week did really well on the test, so that made me super happy. That is my reward when tutoring...that my students do well. That makes me happier than any other form of repayment.

Looking back over my last several blog posts, I realized that I have been full of unmet desires a lot lately...or perhaps I have just been more vocal about being full of unmet desires? Which ever it is, my unmet desires have become a prominent feature of my blog posts lately.

We talked about this in my Thursday night book study this last week. And in talking with my mentor, I have come to realize that I'm not really sure what my heart is longing for. Sometimes I am positive about the longings of my heart, and sometimes I just don't know. So I've been asking that God would show me exactly what my heart is longing for. I have been longing to have a husband, a man who is near me always and who knows me and loves me for who I am...in short, I believe I am longing for intimacy.

Also something good that my mentor shared with me is that even when God fills us, there can still be an ache because we still have an unmet desire...our desires will only be full met when we meet Jesus face to face. How I look forward to that day!!

This week, I decided to disciple one of the girls in my sorority...and I'm super excited about it!! I'm eager to walk with her for part of this journey, and I'm looking forward to getting to know her better.

And yesterday we celebrated a dear friend's birthday. She is such a wonderful friend, and it was so much fun to plan a fun afternoon and evening and surprise her with it. The evening included wine tasting, a play, good music, and improv that left us with sore cheeks and abs. Oh good times!!

Tonight is the International Student (Thanksgiving) Dinner at Potter's. Always a good time...complete with good food and good friends. :)

Now for that nap...

Comments

  1. you warm my heart with your honesty, dear friend. unmet desires are quite a struggle, especially when you're a bit hazy on what exactly those desires are for. i understand the longing for true intimacy - i've been feeling that one quite intensely of late. but the man who gets you is going to be rather incredible! i'm praying for you (on the waiting) and for him (on the finding you)! love you much, and we need to do a coffee date sometime before break!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!