What a Glorious Morning!!

This is a fantastic morning! It was perfectly lovely outside this morning, so I went out to have some quiet time and to enjoy the beauty that God has seen fit to surround me with. What a delight!!

I also carried on my day-after-Thanksgiving tradition. Some people get up on the Friday after Thanksgiving and go shopping for their Christmas gifts...not me. I enjoy sleeping for as long as I want and then I get up and have a piece of cold pumpkin pie for breakfast. That's just my little tradition, but I like it. :)

Anyway, so while I was enjoying my slice of pumpkin pie, I was also spending some good time with Jesus. I've kind of been shoving my quiet time to the side for the last couple of days, and I felt that sorely. I hate when I do that, so today I was determined that God would get the first part of my morning and He could have as much time as He wanted. And it was delightful...and humbling at the same time.

Part of the reason that I have been putting my quiet time off until last lately is that I feel like every time I go before God my desires are front and center...and unfulfilled. And every time I leave, I leave unfulfilled and unsatisfied. Therefore, it is easier to just put off the secret place until I'm exhausted anyway and then I won't feel my desires as acutely.

Although that makes sense in a twisted sort of way, it isn't healthy and it doesn't change anything. So this morning as I poured out my heart before God and challenged Him that it was so much harder for me than it could be for Him because I am not God, I heard the ever quiet whisper to my soul, and I gained new insight into God's heart.

God lives with unfulfilled desires too!! God desires so much for a relationship with us, and as deep as my longings and desires are, they are nothing compared to God's because His love for us is beyond our comprehension. His heart longs for and aches for the same things that my heart longs for and aches for, but the intensity of his longing is so much deeper than I could ever understand. What an incredible revelation!!

Just now as I have been typing this, I have had another revelation. When we go before God and spend time in His presence, we are fulfilling His desires. Yes, it isn't complete fulfillment, just like we are not completely fulfilled by it (complete fulfillment will not come until we stand face-to-face), but coming into God presence gives Him delight and joy and fulfillment. We have the power to give God happiness...WOW!

Peace out yo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!