Heart Talk (Hablar Corozan?)

It's late and I should be in bed already...2 year olds for 3 hours tomorrow morning...it will come much too soon, but I had two cups of coffee tonight, so I'm unwinding a bit.

My psychoanalysis of Sherlock Holmes is well underway, and I will have more than enough time to finish it tomorrow before class. I also have my Spanish skit tomorrow...quieres un agua??...so I look forward to finishing that...I will be able to scratch those two things off my list tomorrow.

My paper that I thought was due Thursday which was actually due Friday got moved to being due on Monday, which is nice. I still want to have it done by Friday, so I can proof it once over the weekend and turn it in on Monday...if I actually do get it done that would probably be the first time I have not been up the night before a paper is due finishing it.

I had an awesome 3 hour conversation with L tonight in book study. She is so wonderful to talk to, and it was just some really good heart talk...and some good laughs along the way. In some ways we are so similar and in some ways we are so different, and I love it!!

So two revelations from the past couple of days before I sign off and attempt sleep...

1) I don't generally think of myself as a jealous person...I'm not jealous of other people's lives or things or looks or anything like that, but I think I am jealous of people's time. When my friends hang out with each other, and I don't know about it until later, I get a little jealous that they had quality time. I think this is especially true it I haven't had quality time with those people recently. Soooo...something to work on.

2) I think I am more sensitive than I think I am...I think things hurt me more than I realize and more than I think they should. For instance if a friend passes me on the sidewalk and doesn't acknowledge me, it pierces my heart a little, even though they may not have seen me and therefore were not ignoring me on purpose.

Well, I'm going to take my sore heart and my muddled mind and get some Jesus time and some rest...peace out!

Comments

  1. i'm a terrible friend!! =( i will give you all of my Thursday if you would like because i need some Melissa love and wisdom in my life!
    PS i love your random Spanish tidbits, dear friend. they make me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!