Joy in the middle of the Wilderness

I am in a wilderness season...the wilderness of waiting...the wilderness of unmet desire. [For anyone going through this season...a great book is Wilderness Skills for Women by Miriam Jordan.] That being said, I have decided that I want to find joy in the middle of this wilderness.

Joy is the second fruit of the Spirit...right behind Love. Now I have no idea if the fruits of the Spirit were written in order of importance or not, but those two seem pretty important to me.

This afternoon as K and I were praying I was reminded of how important it is for me to remember the little things in life that bring me joy...which in turn point me to the one who brings me Joy. Trust me there is a difference between joy and Joy....it's the capital J...

The rest of this blog entry is going to be just that...also, I almost didn't blog tonight...because it's late and I really should have been in bed an hour ago, but several things just prompted me to write.

Things that bring me joy
Laughing with friends over silly words...mericing anyone?
Praying over a dear friend
Knowing that little things I do in life make a difference
Hot Tea
Waking up all warm and cozy in my bed
Rolling back over and dozing with sunlight streaming in
Hearing what's on my friend's hearts
Seeing old friends
Bachelorette Party
When people pray for things that I don't ask them too
Sunshine
Orion
Helping others understand economics
When God moves
My bathroom mirror writing
Disney movies
Friends who watch Disney movies
Guys and Dolls...Frank Sinatra...'nough said
Cary Grant
Island's music
Grading papers...in a weird twisted way it gives me joy
Speaking Spanish...although mine is very limited
Guy hugs from awesome guy friends
Serving others
Thai food
Weddings...especially when good friends marry
When I see the results of my prayers
Blogging
Sleeping....


Speaking of which...I need to be...an hour ago...peace out yo!

Comments

  1. I love you....and I love this list. Question...today when we pray let's just make lists of what brings us joy. I think we both could stand to remember these things. P.S.-you truly are my pip. Today is so much better. "Stand in the Rain" is helping too. Listening to it constantly...

    And I love those verses. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!