Sterotyping

H and I were talking about sterotypes earlier today. And I realized that I really don't fit any sterotypes...yep that's right...I cannot be put into a box. That makes me glad in my heart...cause I hate sterotypes - passionately!

Sterotypes are simply when people are too lazy to get to know someone and just slap a label on them. I hate when people do that. Don't put a label on me...get to know me...cause I probably don't fit any of your labels anyway.

I used to try to sterotype myself...because that made it easy for me to hide who I really am from people. I could slap a label of "nerd" or "shy" or "stoic" or "loner" on myself and show that to everyone around me - and they wouldn't have to know the real me and I wouldn't have to share my heart with them. That's so much safer, so much easier.

Sterotypes really are the easy way out. It is easy and painfree when you sterotype yourself. Relationships are shallow, but easy. If you don't open your heart to people, they can't hurt you.

But the problem is then there is nothing meaningful in your life. If you shut your heart off and don't share it, then nothing means anything. Unless life is lived with passion, living from the heart, it doesn't mean anything.

A sterotype denys us that chance. It says that you are a certain way that everyone else has decided that you will be, and that doesn't give you a chance to live the person you really are.

All that being said, I like to break sterotypes. And I like to live from my heart...most of the time. Sometimes it is really difficult, but in the end...it's always worth it.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!