surpassing wildest expectations

I decided this morning that being sick is actually your body being 2-years old and having a temper tamtrum. I mean think about it seriously. Your body gets so cranky from lack of sleep and too much stress and decides that if you aren't going to do what it wants, then it will make you do what it wants. So it throws it's fit...complete with coughing, sneezing, fever, headaches, phlem, etc. And it makes you stop and take care of it. Then you have to baby it with hot tea and sleep and chicken noodle soup and lots of doing nothing. And if you push it too far, too fast, it rebels and throws another temper tantrum until you slow down again and do what it wants.

I have been feeling very small lately because I have been seeing how big God is. I watched Louie Giglio's Indescribable video and one of the points of what he says is that we are really, really, really small, and that God is really, really, really big. Then yesterday I felt compelled to read in Job where God questions Job out of the whirlwind. If you ever want to feel small, those are the chapters in the Bible to read.

God's a whole lot bigger than we tend to think He is. I think we forget that sometimes, and it's good to have a reminder. And in remembering just how big He is and just how small I am I have no response in me but to worship Him as the elders in Revelation 4:11 worship saying "You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things and by your will they were created and have their being." How awesome is our God!!

I think that sometimes in God's great vastness that I feel like He forgets that I am here, that He couldn't possibly be concerned with the trifling little matters that bother me. That's why the Bible not only talks about how big and great God is, but also about how concerned He is with little things. He knows every hair on our heads. Those amazing stars that show how big He is, not only does He know how many there are, but He has named them all. He knows how many grains of sand are on the beach.

And in realizing how concerned He is with the little things, I am drawn back to how big He is. I mean, who can seriously know how many grains of sand there are!!! How awesome is the God I serve!!

Peace out yo...safe

Comments

  1. I love you. You put into words things I am thinking and feeling and I love that about you.

    I'll call you sometime soon so we can catch up. Read my latest blog. It has a lot about what I'm feeling. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!