St. Patty's Day Greens

I think every day of the year you can have the blues...except today...when you can only have the greens. Well, I had them (whatever you want to call them), and now they are (thankfully) diminishing. I need to see the sun...to bask in its glorious splendor...to feel its delicate Spring warmth upon my face...to get some vitamin D...to chase away the blues...I mean...greens.

Tomorrow's promise of 60 and sunny is creating great excitement...and as much as I hate to awaken earlier than I have to...I look forward to the return of bright light through my window early in the morning. Please Sun, show us your shining face!!

It has been universally decided (and by universally, I mean several friends and I) that if the sun does not appear tomorrow Mother Nature will be shanked--the end.

Anyway...today was a (mostly) chill day. I got to read a lot which is good because my library book is due back on Sunday, and I really want to finish it before I have to take it back. I also had some encouragement from my advisor on my senior project that I do actually have something I can work with.

People were irritating me today, though, and my usual Wednesday buffer was not present, so I felt like I was slowly going insane...you spend enough time around crazy people, and I'm convinced you will be crazy yourself.

But fortunately my day was saved. I thank God for friends who can always make even the lousiest of days better. We listened to LES on YouTube, then some Adele, then some 4 Floors Up. Then we explored PeopleofWalMart.com. Then we read some a-mazing listings off of Best of Craigslist. By the time we left PoHo, we were rolling on the floor in stiches...giddy and giggliy. Thanks, K. Oh, and $3,275. And I get to punch you in the face.

All that to say...at the end of St. Patty's Day my greens are all gone away...and the few that aren't will be with a good night's sleep and the sun's appearance tomorrow...because the Sun will come up tomorrow. (Yes, I just had an Annie moment).

Peace out yo!

P.S. I used to think that musicals weren't true to life...entertaining, yes, true to live, no. Then I met the crew (part deux) and I discovered that yes, people do in fact randomly burst into song and dance in real life. Who'd have thunk it?!

Comments

  1. BAHAHA! i love your "Annie" moments and sunshiney love and non-crazy craziness and random quotable memorable moments that make my life eons better!

    =]

    Let's go eat some people - WHOOOO!

    PS lovin' the new looksie for the blog ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!