delightful sunday

What an interesting day this has been...full of wonderful things, people and events.

Wonderful Things:
driving with the windows down
88 degrees and sunny outside
naps in hammocks
restfulness
reading in the sun
red wine

Wonderful People:
beautiful friends who cause great laughter
those same friends who enjoy coffee and donuts
a church of earnest believers
those same believers with giving hearts
a pastor who is kind and passionate
beautiful babies

Wonderful Events:
a friend flying for the first time
that friend enjoying flying
the start of a great adventure
a phone call from a friend about a job
a planned, but unnecessary early morning
plans that have only just been thought of
chats with glasses of ice water

All in all this has been a delightfully restful and wonderful Sunday. Much different than I intended for it to be, and also much better than I thought it would be. I'm so glad that God is a better planner than I am.

Also, I have been enjoying a new revelation of this verse:

"They [those who delight in the Lord] are like trees planted by streams of water, which yield their fruit in its season, and their leaves do not wither. In all that they do, they prosper." - Psalm 1:3

I live in a part of the world that has lots of beautiful greenery most of the year. In the spring and summer there are beautiful flowering trees and bushes. But all those trees and bushes bloom at different times. They don't all bloom at once.

The same is true of those who delight in the Lord, who meditate on His word. They are trees which yield their fruit in their season. Not all blossom at the same time. Not all those who delight in the Lord will bear fruit at the same time.

And it's better that way. Because when the trees all bloom at different times there is always something in bloom, there is always a new revelation of beauty, there is always new fruit to delight in.

Once more this reminds me of how perfect God's timing is. I was reminded today be a song how I should be in my time of waiting on God. I wait with delight upon the Lord of all creation, and I am in eager anticipation of seeing how He will move.

Peace and Mercy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!