Thoughts--Uncomplete

Lately I have had trouble completing my sentences, thoughts, actions. I literally will be in the middle of a sentence and completely forget what I was saying. I can understand that every once in a while, but this has been fairly consistent. Some of it might have to do with the fact that my brain has been overworked and underpaid and so it is short-circuiting. Some of it has to do with my hormones. Some of it has to do with just being me.

Anyway, I will be glad to get back to a more normal routine of sleeping and waking, so my brain can get paid for it's wonderful work. Which now includes a completed senior research paper!!! :) I'm so glad to be done with my paper. I turn it in tomorrow at 1:15 when I take my last test (which I won't be graded on because it's just an assessment for the department). My last final is at 11 and then I. AM. FREE. Celebrate Good Times! Come On!

My mum has been working overtime to get ready for the big day. She sent me a picture of my cake today, and she has been baking rolls like crazy...on top of working 40 hours a week!! Yes, she is pretty much Wonder Woman.

I have been ruminating on my exit interview with the department head for the last couple of days. It was just such an interesting experience. I am in a field where we focus a lot on capitalism, how to get ahead, how to make the most money possible, what's the best option to receive the biggest payoff...things like that. So when I was talking to the department head about my future plans, he ended up trying to advise me on what would seem like the logical and best decisions I could make in order to have a secure and prosperous future.

The problem I have with that is summed up in the chapter I have been reading out of 1 Corinthians this week.

"Do not deceive yourselves. If you think that you are wise in this age, you should become fools so that you may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God." - 1 Corinthians 3:18,19

What seems like wisdom to us is foolishness to God. That's how much God is on a completely different level from us. What seems like wisdom to my professor is not necessarily the best decision for me. The problem is that if I do the things he suggested, I'm taking care of myself rather than letting God take care of me.

I'm not saying that I don't want to be able to earn money and be able to have my needs fulfilled, but I am saying that God takes care of His children. He provides for my every need. He provides perfectly because He knows what the need is before I even have it.

I don't want to be wise in the eyes of the world. I want to be wise as God is wise...which sometimes means it's not going to make sense. For instance, it made absolutely no sense whatsoever in the eyes of the world that I would go from not running to running a marathon. But God knew that was something I needed to do.

Well, I have my last final in less than 12 hours, so I'm going to get some sleepy time in before then...

Peace and Mercy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!