chasing a bit of blue sky

I have been a little absent from blogging as of late, but with good reason. I have been driving SAG for my parents and their group as they are Biking Across Kansas. Hence I have had little access to internet or a computer. However, last night and tonight we have been at home because the bike route has been close to our house. I can't tell you how delightful it is to sleep in a real bed and have a shower that is not in a community shower and have my own room and space away from people. Not that I don't love people, but 24/7 of having limited privacy is wearing.

BAK is this cool thing where 800+ people ride across the state of Kansas on bicycles. They have set amounts that they ride every day and when you get to the destination city you either camp or stay in a school gym. It is really awesome to experience this (even as a SAG driver), so much so that I think I may be participating as a cyclist next year...we'll see what next year holds first.

However, this isn't quite the week I bargained for when my mom asked me if I would be willing to drive a van for them. Silly me, I must learn to ask more details before consenting to things like this in the future. I did not realize that I would be driving a 15 passenger van--with a trailer attached. That has really been the least of my worries or troubles. Mostly the issues I've been having this week have stemmed from the weather.

Normally BAK is hot. This year BAK has been rainy. I don't think we have seen a day without rain yet...except for today...which was hot. Due to the rain, though, my job description expanded from getting the van from point A to point B. I became the rescue squad. Driving double distances on several days to pick up riders who needed to get out of the rain and the cold. As a result, I have not had the week of relaxing and reading and chilling out that my mom said I would have.

The other issue with the weather is that camping in thunderstorms isn't exactly the most fun thing I have ever done...especially when our tent doesn't like to stay up when it rains and the wind blows. As a result, I haven't gotten much sleep as of late. So my restful, relaxing week that I thought I would have has turned out quite different.

Now before you start feeling sorry for me let me just say this...it has certainly been an interesting and exciting and memorable adventure. I have loved getting to spend this time with my parents, and I have so enjoyed getting to know these new people. And as I mentioned before, I am definitely considering riding BAK next year.

On the other level of things I am considering is a change in plans for the fall. I might delaying going to grad school for a year while I become a licensed massage therapist. That's something that was plopped in my lap about a week ago which I have been praying and considering ever since. I guess we'll see where that leads.

Until next time...peace out yo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!