counting blessings

The chapter from study at Potter's House this week was on Envy. It is striking to me how much envy consumes us, and we usually just shrug it off and think nothing of it. Envy is deadly. It will kill your soul faster than you can say green monster. Envy is the antithesis of contentment. It is not only wanting what someone else has but going so far as to destroy what they have.

How is it possible to not allow the green monster to rule your life? For me it is to count my blessings. Instead of looking what everyone else has, I look at the rich blessings that God has given me. I find that when you are busy counting your blessings you don't have time to focus on what everyone else has. I also find that when I start to count my blessings it becomes more and more apparent just how many things I have to be thankful for. I wish I could remember how important counting my blessings are all the time.

All-encompassing joy comes from the Joy-Giver. And He will fill you up completely to overflowing if you ask Him to.

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
a little retreat for summer evenings

Peace out yo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!