hey good lookin'

I love cooking, especially when the people I'm cooking for love to eat. I actually went and visited a culinary school when I was deciding where I wanted to go to school. I obviously did not end up at culinary school, but I never stopped loving cooking.

But I cook in an interesting way. I take a recipe and make it how I want to make it. I make it healthier. I make it tastier. I use substitutes and different ingredients that the recipe doesn't use. And I learned how to cook from not only my mom, but my grandma and various other women who learned to cook in old fashioned ways.

All that to say...I think I should write a cookbook to encompass all of my craziness and to help my generation learn how to cook...like Grandma cooked (sort of).

Also, I rediscovered today how much I love sewing. I made a gift for a friend who is getting married tomorrow, and I realized once more how much I enjoy taking raw fabric and making it into something. I love working with the colors, and I love the feel of the fabrics.

Well, I've got to run and get some stuff done this afternoon. Have I mentioned that I am really ready to get my car back? I so appreciate having a big red truck to drive around, but I miss my little car.

A song for the road...

Hey Good Looking
- Hank Williams

Peace out yo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!