irish boys

Trust is not something I come by easily. At times I feel I am much to trusting with people. And other times I find it impossible to trust anyone. Yes, I have fallen victim to Eve's syndrome--a distrustful heart...distrustful of her closest companion...distrustful of God. I like to believe the best of people. I like to assume that everyone is a friend and no one a foe. And I want to believe that no one will ever hurt me. But that's not true.

This is a fallen world. People aren't trustworthy...well some of them aren't. People will let me down. People will hurt me. I can't control that. What I can control is my response. I can choose to let it eat away at me. I can choose to not trust people. I can choose to shut myself off from everyone...letting them see a mask of my true self.

Or.

I can choose to entrust myself, my heart, my feelings, to God. The One who alone is good and just.

"When He was reviled, He did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but continued entrusting Himself to Him who judges justly." 1 Peter 2:23

Peter is encouraging Christians under persecution to follow the example of Jesus when they come under trails and suffering. Jesus, who committed no sin and who broke no laws, endured ultimate suffering because He knew that He was trusting Himself to the One who alone sees past, present and future.

God does not judge in light of the present. He judges in the light of the eternal. Jesus endured because He knew that His suffering was not the end. He knew that justice would come. Peter was encouraging these Christians to not forget about the eternal.

If Jesus could entrust Himself to the Father under the circumstances that He was in, then I think I can entrust myself to Him as well. I know that He understands the hurts of my heart better than anyone. He understands what it's like to be let down and to have trust betrayed. He knows what it's like when someone unintentionally hurts you. What better person to entrust myself to than He who knows all things.
something else that brings me joy
my brightly colored, multi-national scarf collection

Had a delightful evening tonight watching a beautiful boy with a lovely accent on the tele. Oh, how I do love accents...and I also realize why I say bollocks so much...it's an English thing. Missing London a bit tonight, but excited to hang out with some friends tomorrow.

Peace out yo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!