Life: in transition

A seemingly ridiculous amount of people I know are in transition. My two "Big Sisters" are both in transition. Three of my close guy friends are in transition. Another guy from church in in transition. My own parents are in transition. And that's just the ones I can think of off the top of my head right now.

I spent the weekend helping one of my friends move out of her house. It was a quick and mildly unexpected move, but it brought up the topic of how so many people we know are in transition. I guess part of that is just being surrounded by college aged and young adults. Everyone is trying to figure out what to do with their lives, where to go, what job to take, etc.

What brought this to my mind tonight was that as I made myself a cup of green tea and was preparing to make some banana bread for a dinner tomorrow night, I suddenly realized that I don't have any of my cookbooks at my apartment. Because I myself am in transition. After living in the same apartment with the same wonderful roommates for two years I am moving on.

It is a good move, and I think it will work out well. And the timing is good. I have lots of time to pack and sort and let go and say good-bye. Not like my last move. Last time I moved, I actually didn't even move myself because I was out of the country. My parents (God bless them) moved all my stuff for me and dealt with a lot of crap from the situation I was in. I'm glad this move isn't because I need to get away from a bad situation.

The last two years have been wonderful. So many lovely happenings. Just enough sorrow mixed in to remind me of what happiness truly is. To keep this from turning into a self-reflection and a bit too sentimental I will tell you just how much my life is in transition.

Today I helped move 7 sofas, the love sack, and a big arm chair...and none of them actually belonged to me. Yep...I am so much in transition that I am moving things that aren't even my own...wow!
the ever transitioning sky
kudos to moi

Oh, and today a song came on my pandora station that is on the Lord of the Rings soundtrack, and I recognized it...I'm not sure if that is a cause for joy or mourning...hmmm...I guess since I am going to New Zealand and will be visiting Hobbiton along with some other LOTR sights, I think it is cause for joy.

Peace and Mercy.

Comments

  1. hmmm...yeah for life adventures (even if the changes start out minorly sucking) :)

    LOVES!!

    and the recognition of a smashingly brilliant musical score should always be something to pride yourself on...even if movies are ruined for us ever after. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!