it doesn't cost a thing to smile

I have been smiling and laughing for the last couple of days. That's what friends and sunshine and good times will do for you. And tomorrow is the 4th of July. Happy Birthday America!!! :)

Yesterday, I made a somewhat stupid decision. Yes, I am prone to stupid decisions. But I did think about it first. I jumped off a 60 foot cliff into the lake while having no previous experience in "cliff jumping". This probably wasn't the wisest decision as I didn't really know what I was doing. I landed wrong, and I have the bruises to prove it. K said it looks like I lost a fight with a rhino.

But for that split second (or rather a couple of seconds) while I was falling through the air, I felt wholly and completely ALIVE. I was completely abandoned to something over which I had no power. I think that's how our walk with God is supposed to be. Completely and totally abandoned. Okay, so maybe not quite the same thing.

the view from the top of the cliff

Part of me is really glad that I had the guts to jump. Part of me thinks it was one of the stupidest things I've ever done. And all of me would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

I'm really glad that God has me completely figured out because I don't understand myself most of the time. I am a total Mom. I always am concerned about everyone's safety. I always wear my seat-belt...even if I just driving 2 blocks or across the parking lot. And yet there is this other side of me that is completely extreme. That side jumps off cliffs and wants to go bungee jumping and skydiving and cliff gliding.

Due to yesterday's activities today was a super chill day. Swimming and diving in the lake and glorious sunshine.

on the dock

My title today comes from an India Arie song, but I don't know the name, so I will post it some other time. I hope you all have a fantastic 4th of July weekend.

Peace and Mercy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!