nap-time makes life better

Naps pretty much rock my world...especially when I have little and un-restful sleep at that. Long days and short nights mean too much caffeine and not enough sleep. Makes me irritable and short-tempered. Not that that's an excuse for being ill-tempered. I hate not being a better person. Brings home the reality of "I am dark, but lovely." (Song of Solomon 1:5).

Days like that I just want to disappear from all social life and not re-emerge until I am more pleasant to be around. Nap-time is an acceptable substitute for disappearing entirely. I need to retreat and let my soul be washed clean by Jesus again. I need to soak up His presence and His character. You become who you hang out with. I need to hang out with Jesus more.

It's difficult when you are around people 18-20 hours a day and then sleep the other 4-6. Reading the Word in a less-than-quiet corner just isn't quite the same as having a shut door and privacy to cry and pray and repent and learn.

God is still good. And the sun will rise in the East tomorrow morning as surely as it will set in the west tonight. I will push the reset button again and there will be routine and order and purpose in life. To quote Anne of Green Gables "Tomorrow is fresh with no mistakes in it...yet."

Kudos to Google Pics

Daylight is Coming - Remedy Drive

Comments

  1. I like it.. the Anne quote makes me smile
    AND the fact that you have a Remedy Drive song here. Long story, but I connect with them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!