would you accompany me to the edge of the sea

I love when I rediscover how much I love something. It's like seeing the world through completely new eyes once again. There is somehow a new freshness to life and there is new vitality in everyday things. It is the little moments where this happens that remind me of how much God loves me. It's like the veil is pulled back for a moment, and I get a tiny glimpse of heaven. My mentor calls these kisses from God. They are just wonderful moments where God shows you how much He loves you.

I had a moment last night when I cooked dinner for my three good friends. I tried four new recipes last night...all of them were delicious and nutritious. My favorite was the dessert: mango and papaya with mango cream. A completely delightful treat and completely healthy at the same time. I love it when that happens.

Somewhere in the middle of cooking I realized how much fun I was having. It was so much fun, and so wonderful to see my three good friends enjoy what I made. In that moment I was completely full and joyful. Part of that was the pleasure that comes from working at something and having a successful outcome. But the other part was the reminder that God is good, that He delights in me, and that He loves me.

I had another little kiss from God last night. I was sitting on the front porch watching the rain pour down. Yesterday was super hot and muggy. I felt gross and tired. And then it started downpouring warm summer rain. The breeze blew a little mist on the front porch where I was sitting, but I just watched the clouds and the trees bending and swaying the the wind and the rain pouring out of the sky. It was delightful; a perfect quiet moment to soak in God's presence.

I love those little moments in which my soul is refreshed and cleansed and made whole. Then I rest in God's presence, just soaking up His love and joy and peace and goodness.

A song from my roots: Would You Go With Me? - Josh Turner

Peace and Mercy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!