spoonful

Tiredness seems to be physically weighing me down right now. It has been such a good day at home, though. I cleaned and did laundry and finished some paperwork and made some food for my Home Fellowship Group with church tonight. I made sweet potato salad, and I have officially stated that I will never made plain potato salad again. I just like the sweet potato version so much better.

I have a job interview tomorrow morning. This is the first place that I have applied that I'm actually excited about working at, so I'm really hoping that the interview goes well. I would love to have a job again!!

Last night in one of the book studies I'm in at Potter's House my friend, LE, said that God had laid Romans 8 on her heart, so we read it aloud. It just hit me so much that I went back and re-read it today during my quiet time. There is just so much good stuff packed into that one chapter. And it was just so completely relevant to my life right now. God is sooooo good!!

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us." - Romans 8:18

That is such a great reminder to me to keep an eternal perspective while still being present in everyday life. My "sufferings" are nothing compared to the sufferings that Paul was speaking about and experiencing first hand, but they are sufferings none-the-less. We all suffer in our own way. We all experience suffering differently, but we do all experience suffering. Paul's words remind me that whatever my sufferings may be at present, when I see the glory that will be revealed when they are over they will seem completely insignificant and trivial.

That's just a tiny taste of all the goodness of this chapter...delicious!! I'm probably going to be reading it several times through this week.

Well, I'm gonna sign off and go make dinner for me and my roommate cause she doesn't get off work until 11...gross.

Spoonful - Etta James

Peace and Mercy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!