feelin' jazzy

I was listening to jazz on the radio on my way home last night. There is just something about jazz even more so than just about any other type of music that just seems to connect with my soul. It just seems to fit with my soul in the same way that one person fits with another when you give someone a perfect hug.

I was thinking about why this is. I think it's because out of the chaos comes a raw beauty. Out of all the messiness comes something beautiful. It is in the dissonant chords that the beautiful melody hides. I like the messiness of jazz because it feels like my life. Life is messy and complicated and random (or maybe that's just my life).

And I guess I figure that if out of all the messiness and chaos of jazz there can come a beautiful melody, then out of the messiness and complexities of my life, God can create something beautiful. I think that's why I like jazz because it reminds me that God can take me and make my life into a thing of beauty for His glory.

So What - John Coltrane and Miles Davis
Kind of Blue - Miles Davis and John Coltrane
Cool Jazz - Miles Davis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!