hello november

It's November. The month of giving thanks, of turkey, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, family time, veterans day, the birthdays of several of my favorite people. This day in particular holds two very big memories for me. November 1st is the anniversary of two very different and very impactful experiences that I have had.

7 years ago today I was in a very major accident. I wrecked my parents pickup truck...totaled it. I rolled 2 1/2 times landing on the top. I walked away with minor scraps and a slight concussion. That was the day that I realized that God had a plan for my life because I very easily could have been killed or seriously injured. I don't always remember this anniversary, but today it came to mind. I am so grateful for God's protection and plan for my life.

And this is the one year anniversary of my first (and most likely last) marathon. One year ago today, I ran a marathon. I can't even begin to describe the feelings that I had when I crossed that finish line. I would consider that to be one of the times in my life that I have felt closest to God in my entire life. He asked me to do that, and in the fullness of my obedience, I have never felt more satisfied and alive and whole. That day I saw the greatness of God and His incredible faithfulness. That day I realized the with God nothing is impossible.

This year, I have started writing a novel for national novel writing month. Hopefully in then next 30 days I am going to complete my first novel. I can't wait to see what the rest of this day will hold.

In the meantime, I am enjoying this lovely necklace that I won in a photo competition hosted by Sarah Moore from on the brightside...


Read all about it on my photo blog, and enjoy your November 1st. Do something today that you can celebrate next year.

Peace out yo!

Comments

  1. i am so happy that you got your necklace! it looks lovely! & i got the thank you card yesterday, so thoughtful... it's a pleasure to be "blog" friends with you!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!