one step at a time

I have pretty much given up on trying to figure out the rest of my life because let's be honest, I will never figure out the rest of my life. It's not that I don't want to. I do, but it really isn't up to me. It's up to God, and He's already got it all planned out. He just needs me to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

I just have to keep looking for the next step. Like a rock climber scaling a cliff, I just have to look for my next hand hold and foot hold. Following that same analogy, I'm looking all the way up the cliff to make sure I'm going in a good direction, but my main focus is on my next move.

For a while, that next move was finding a job. I have one of those now...a good one at that, but now I'm looking for the next move. I love my job, and I can honestly see myself working there long term, but I think it's time for me to start looking for the next step. Actually, I've been looking for the next step for a while now.

I have several ideas that have been bouncing around in my head, but the one that keeps coming to the top of the pile is the one that I am considering most strongly. This is something that I have been considering off and on for over a year now. For a while, I thought this door was shut completely, but now it seems to be open a crack, and I have been softly knocking on it. I'm not going to say anything about it yet because I haven't officially decided, but that's the direction that I'm leaning as things seem to be working out and heading in that direction.

"To you I lift up my eyes, O you who are enthroned in the heavens! Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their master, as the eyes of a maidservant to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to the LORD our God, till he has mercy upon us. Have mercy upon us, O LORD, have mercy upon us" - Psalm 123:1-3

I'm just keeping my eyes fixed on God and trusting Him with each and every step.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!