talking and the inbetween parts

I did some talking today. A lovely lady did some listening. And together we figured some stuff out. She gave me a good outside perspective on some things going on in my life. She challenged me to look deeper at the issues. She encouraged me. I can't wait to talk with her again.

I talked more on the phone today than I have in a single day in a long time. Figuring out events, holiday plans, and stuff with my sister's wedding all require coordination between multiple parties.

I talked about economics for two hours with a student. I tried to remember all that I learned, to pass on that knowledge to the best of my abilities. I hope it helped. I realized that I still understand it, and I can still figure it all out if need be. It was kind of like re-living a nightmare, though.

There was also a lot of non-talking today. I spent a lot of time not talking and listening instead. I listened to my heart. I listened to God. I listened to the sounds of my car. I listened to a little music this morning. I'm still learning to listen. I'm still learning to spend the time I'm talking in profitable talking.

Peace out yo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!