before i nod off...

I'm quite tired...put in another crazy day at work, but it was oh-so-much fun. The boss brought in breakfast...cinnamon rolls and oj? Yes, please. Still don't think I woke up until after 9:30. It was a record setting day of business. And we ran our feet off. We couldn't keep pie in our case, and on top of pre-orders we sold over 100 pies today.

The lovely L and I made pie after pie after pie and laughed when our boss said that we could alternate to take a lunch break. We knew there would be no break for us today. Thanks to the help of all our lovely elves* we managed to accomplish a good amount of tomorrows work in much less time than we expected.

Coming home was lovely. I love driving up to Christmas lights on our house and seeing all the presents under the tree. I made some supper since lunch was nonexistent. A glass of wine sipped slowly as I reheated a hearty soup and a twice baked potato (thanks to the dos C's). Catching up on the world outside of work.

My day will be over soon. A steaming shower, some time for my Beloved, and an early bedtime because morning comes soon. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, yet to me it hasn't sunk in. I cannot seem to grasp that it's two days til Christmas, but I hope my festive Spirit comes soon.

Peace out yo! ...and Happy Christmas!

*not real elves, just our marvelous pie crust making helpers.

Comments

  1. Where on earth do you work, and can I please work there? I am totally willing to move across the country is necessary (and I don't think you live in FL, so it may be quite necessary.) Kind of joking, kind of serious.

    In other news, your posts make me feel a warm and fuzzy...and hungry! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work for Dining By Design catering company. I do some catering for them, but I also work in The Pie Box which is a pie shop that they own. It is pretty much the best job I've ever had!! And sadly, I am not in Florida...I'm in Missouri.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!