Christmas...a day late

Today is Christmas. I seem to keep forgetting it. In my mind, Christmas is tomorrow. None of the usual Christmas-y things have happened this year...yet. Normally, there is a Christmas Eve service with candles and Christmas hymns surrounded by those who I love most. Followed by hot cocoa and Christmas presents. Then there is sleep -- long, deep, Winter's sleep. Followed by Christmas morning excitement. The last of the nativity calendar is put up, breakfast is eaten, the Christmas story is read, and stockings are opened. And there is rest.

That hasn't happened this year...yet. My presents weren't wrapped until last night. There was too little sleep followed by a long drive. But tonight there will be sleep. Tomorrow there will be worship and rejoicing at my Savior's birth. Then I will be surrounded by those who I love most, and it will be Christmas.

This year, I'm a day late, and I'm okay with that. I mean this isn't really when Jesus was probably born anyway. I am ready for the busy season to be over...in a week I will be longing for it, but I'm ready for some rest. I'm ready to spend time with those I love. I'm ready to have time to cook in my own kitchen, to take photos, to drink coffee with friends, to watch movies late into the night.

I hope you all have a very happy Christmas. I pray that the love of God may dwell richly in your hearts as you contemplate the great gift of Jesus' birth. May God bless you richly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!