delicious weather

When I went to bed last night, I was mildly dreading this day. Fridays are my day off from work, yet because of my seeming inability to say no to extra hours from work, I agreed to do a last minute lunchtime event today. Last night I was exhausted. I'm not even kidding...I couldn't think straight, I couldn't complete sentences. It was like the end of last semester, and for about 5 hours I really thought I was going crazy, legit crazy-town.

And then a marvelous thing happened...it is called sleep. It can cure a wide array of ailments, and it was exactly what I needed. I am always in awe of what a good night's sleep can do for a person's attitude.

And then another marvelous thing happened...56 degrees in December. Yes, please. I went to work, knocked out a catered event, felt incredibly energized, came home and went for a glorious long walk in the delicious weather. The sad thing is now it seems to be getting cloudy and grey outside, but I got my wee bit of sunshine and exercise, and I feel so much the better for it.

So Thank You, December. I appreciate that little nugget of blessing that God gave me today. Now off for a shower and an adjustment...

Oh...and a quick funny story for you.

Yesterday, I was at work, and I was scooping out hundreds of scoops of cookie dough, and my back was out of sorts and very tired. My boss came in and asked if I was good or did I need anything. I replied that I just needed a chiropractic adjustment. He was standing across the room from me, and he looked at me funny and asked what I said. I repeated that I needed a chiropractic adjustment. He started laughing and said that he thought he heard a chiropractor and a husband. I replied that I did in fact want both of those things, but that that wasn't what I had said. We all laughed, and I chuckled inwardly to myself for about 5 minutes...after I turned beet red.

Now off to the rest of this day...

Peace out yo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!