it stands resolved...

I drove home yesterday. There were a few stops along the way. But mostly there was just good drive time. Me and my car and my music (turned up too loud, I'm sure). I think a lot when I drive. With nothing else to occupy my time and mind, I am able to think a lot.

Without really intending to, I think I set some unintentional New Year's Resolutions. What are they? I thought you'd never ask! Now stick with me because these get a little deep...

Love Deeply.

Live Fully.

Give Generously.

I know that on the surface, these seem to just be warm, fuzzy, feel good resolutions. That's what I first thought when they came to mind as I was praying, but then I explored them a little more.

Love Deeply. I don't understand love...not even close. I do know, though that God is love. The first and greatest commandment is to love God with all my heart, soul and mind. The second is to love my neighbor as myself. I do know that Christ lived a life of absolute love poured out to everyone He came in contact with. And I know that is the kind of love I want to have.

"Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart." - 1 Peter 1:22


Live Fully. I hate being afraid. I don't want to live in fear in any part of my life. Fear holds us back from everything that God would have us experience. You have to be willing to jump off the cliff in order to feel the thrill of the jump. You have to be willing to try something new in order to taste the fullness of it. Jesus came to bring us life and life abundantly. I don't want to settle for less than abundant. I want to dive in and fully experience the abundance of the life that God has for me -- without fear.

"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." - John 10:10

Give Generously. I am incredibly blessed. As often as I think I have money problems, as often as I don't think I have enough, I am acutely aware of the great abundance of blessings that I have. God has given to me generously, and I am only a steward of all that I have. All my skills, abilities, talents, time and treasure are His, and He is expecting me to use them wisely. I want to give generously of all that He has given me...because it's not mine anyway.

"From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." - Luke 12:48

"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." - Luke 6:38

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!