partings

The start of something new. It's always a little bit scary, a little bit risky, a little bit exciting. There is happiness of new things, and sadness for the things that have been laid aside. There is joy and expectation and longing, always longing.

New Year's is upon us. Usually by this day I have had lots of time to reflect upon the last year, and to review things in my mind. Turning events over and re-living things, celebrating some, mourning others.

This year, however, I have been so busy, that I have not spent large amounts of time reflecting. Yesterday I cut up almost an entire bushel of apples (that's a lot by the way), and so I had lots of time to think.

I didn't necessarily think about the last year. I thought back over my college years. That chapter is closed. I thought about the JBB's and aprons, remembering the special night that we first started that joke and the many times afterward that we giggled and chuckled and flat out on the floor laughed about it.

I remembered people who held a special place in my heart throughout those years. Some who have remained special to me, and some who I have parted ways with. I spent time thinking over the guys who I liked. I have parted ways with all of them, but some I wish were still there because they weren't just a guys I liked, they were good friends. There are some who I am glad that I no longer spend time with. And I am aware of all the reasons they were not right for me.

I thought about where I am and where I am going. I thought about the beach...and how much I miss it. May we meet again soon. (Please, God?)

This probably seems random, but sometimes that's just the way my brain is. I'm excited to see what God has in store for 2011.

Now...I have to get ready to go to work...peace out yo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!