glorious sunshine

What an absolutely, incredibly beautiful day!! I am so glad that I have gotten to spend part of this day out in the beautiful sunshine! I went out and washed my car because I don't know how long the lovely weather will last. Now I am debating between a bike ride or a nice long walk. Sunshine is just so wonderful!! It gives me so much energy and desire to be outside and go and do and live.

I was reading back through some of my old journals the other day, and I couldn't help but be awed by God's faithfulness. I am a little overwhelmed by God and the way He shows His hand at work in my life. There is something about this time of the year that He always seems to be at work in my life in a very real and visible way. I was noticing as I looked back through my journals that there was this trend that the last part of January always seems to mark a significant event in my walk with God.

I first noticed this three years ago. That was the year that God started me on the path that radically altered my walk with Him. That was when I first began to open my heart back up. That was when I started to learn how deeply and passionately God loves me. It wasn't visible as that to start with, but that is when it started because that was when I met a boy -- a boy who played a significant role in pushing me toward God. No, he didn't teach me how to love God or encourage me in my pursuit of God, but he did break my heart just enough to cause me to be desperate for God like never before. I'm glad he did. I'm glad that my God works ALL things together for good.

Two years ago I was in a dramatically different place. That was the beginning of a year of great healing in my heart. It was a the beginning of a year of health and exercise and running. It was the start of many good and new things. It was the beginning of a year of rest and challenge and growth. It was the beginning of a year where God showed me that I didn't need anything else as long as I had Him.

Last year was the beginning of a year long commitment to a ministry that I love and believe in so very much. It was a year of partnership with them, and a year of being devoted to serving them in whatever manner I could. When I started, there was no definite time frame set on my working there, but in my heart I always felt like it was a year. That is not to say that I am no longer involved there or no longer wish to be involved there. I still love and believe in it so very much. My place there has just changed.

I am very eager to look back next year and see what God has started me on for this coming year. I am eager to see how He is moving and working in my life for this coming year. I am marking this as a memorial -- a day for me to expect great things from God because He is faithful.

Now I am going to go enjoy a little more of this sunshine because the weather is saying by next week we will have winter again. . .so I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

Peace out yo!

Comments

  1. Lissa, I admire your walk with God so much. You have no idea how much you encourage me just by living amazingly like you do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!