life as of late

I have finally begun to re-emerge into life where I hang out with friends and do things I enjoy and don't work constantly. This is a good thing. That probably also means that I will soon start blogging more frequently as well. My body is finally becoming less demanding of sleep and my mind is much more well rested as well. However, I feel like in all of the craziness I have neglected my heart a bit.

There was craziness of the holidays and working a tonne, and then there was resting and letting my brain chill out, but I have just been in a bit of a funk as of late. My heart has been hurting, and I think I didn't think about it as I was in my recovery process. Now with my body and mind rested, my attention is turning to my heart. After some intensive care I think it is beginning to recover as well.

God has been reminding me of His wonderful promises as of late. He has been reminding me of His goodness.

Friday was a wonderful day. I slept late, had a coffee date to catch up with a friend. We exchanged Christmas gifts, and I received a beautiful, soft, warm scarf to add to my collection. It is such a thoughtful and beautiful gift. I had a spare hour and spent it walking around in the beautiful outdoors (as it was still somewhat warm). I spent time surrounded by God's Beauty, drinking it in and delighting in Him. I spent time snapping pictures to remember those little moments of quiet, calm, reflection.

It was a day filled with all of my favorite things. Wind in my hair, beauty, nature, pictures, prayer, sunshine, a lovely walk, coffee, movies, friends.

I had an interview on Friday. It lasted for almost an hour and a half. I will tell you all more about that sometime next week (hopefully) when I have made some decisions. Please pray for me to have wisdom as I make this decision.

I got called into work last minute, and I was a little late (because the interview went long), so I didn't have time to change. Dress slacks, a grey ruffled top and grey TOMS...not exactly dress code...ah well.

Saturday also saw me sleep late (of course I went to bed a little late too). It saw work followed by relaxation followed by a traditional Scottish dance...which included some flying through the air and much laughter and energy.

This morning, my pastor talked about what makes a church. We took communion and I prayed. I repented and was given a new joy. Just trust me, and I will give to you beyond your wildest dreams. I shared my afternoon/evening with a friend who is leaving soon to go back to the mission field. We talked for hours over coffee (probably too late for me to have coffee...oops), shared our hearts, and grew closer.

My house was a mess. My room was a mess. I came home and cleaned. I took care of things that needed attention months ago. My heart found peace as I tucked things away into their proper places. It has needed a resting place. Now surrounded by peace and order I am seeking my resting place with my Beloved, He who is fairer than the sons of man.

That's my life as of late...Peace and Mercy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!