missing naptime

So many things tugging at my heartstrings today. I taught the 4's and 5's Sunday School class at church today. When I walked in one of the little girls asked me where my kids were. I was so caught off guard and I almost burst into tears as I replied that I didn't have any kids. My heart was already tender, and there's nothing like a direct question from an adorable 5 year old to open up that place.

That's one of the things I love most about kiddos is that they are never afraid to ask the questions that they really want to know. They don't have a filter and aren't afraid of criticism or critique of what they say.

Then I went to help at a wedding show for work. It was both a good thing and a bad thing. Seeing wedding stuff all around made me so aware of the fact that I am very far from that. At the same time I realized how much I want to keep my wedding simple. It is soooo expensive to throw a big elaborate wedding, and I don't want that. I feel kind of hypocritical working at a catering company and knowing that I will never have my own wedding catered, but such is life.

I missed my Sunday afternoon nap...ah well, guess I'll just go to bed early tonight. Peace out yo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!