simple and lovely

I love moments when God is just a little bit ridiculous with how extravagant His love is. Saturday I had this sudden craving for curry and Thai food. I went to work that night, and we were serving none other than Thai curry at the event I was working. There was plenty leftover, so I got curry for supper.

I am a words of affirmation person. I feel most loved when I am told that I'm pretty, I did a good job, etc. Sunday night I received several unexpected comments (actually given in an offhand manner) that just made my heart glow because of the affirmation behind the words. The one who spoke them didn't even realize the effect of them, I'm sure, but that made my heart that much happier because it meant they were from God.

Today, I read a letter written by someone who I don't know. It was written by a young warrior-poet to his future wife, and it both made my heart rejoice and brought me to tears. I saw that there was a man out there who is striving after the things I want my future husband to strive after (which is the reason for the rejoicing). I saw that God is good, and His plan is perfect (which is the reason for the tears). I prayed for this young man's wife, and I prayed for my husband. And for the first time in my life, I am excited for Valentine's Day. . .not really sure why, but I am.

I love those little moments that mean nothing to anyone else, but mean everything to me. Those are the moments that God has arranged specifically to touch my heart. May you find many such moments today.

Peace and Mercy.

Comments

  1. I love those moments. I had one on the way to work singing along to the CD my brother made me.

    Just the best feeling ever. Thanks for sharing my lovely lovely friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!