a nighttime run

Sometimes my memory is short. I struggle to remember the things I know in my heart to be true. I am glad I have God to remind me of them in the gentle, yet strong way that only He can. I am blessed to call Him the fairest among ten thousand and the Love of my life. Not for anything in the world would I trade my time with Him. He is to me the very breath in my lungs.

Literally. . .the breath in my lungs. There are moments when I run that I do not know how the next step will happen. I do not know where the strength comes from to take one more breath and one more step. You see, my friends, I am not a great runner. I am not even a good runner. But I have never run with the illusion that I am good. I have never had the desire to be a good runner. I have only ever desired one thing in my running. . .that I would love Him as He has loved me.

He gave Himself for me. Died to pay my debt. Every time I place one foot in front of the other, I die a little more to myself out of love for Him. He is the One who first asked me to run; asked me to step out of my comfort zone; asked me to believe in the impossible. He assured me that He would give me the strength I needed to finish because He had already placed it within me to finish.

I believed Him. I still believe Him. Sometimes my memory is just short. Sometimes I just need reminding. Tonight was one such night. The stars overhead reminded me of His faithfulness and promises. The strength came when needed. And for a brief moment, He showed me what He sees when I run. He sees the most beautiful and graceful stride. He sees the woman I am before Him as if I had never fallen. He sees perfection because He sees me through the eyes of Jesus. And they are the eyes of Love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!