need vs want

Sorry it's been so long since I've blogged. I've been a bit busy getting settled at my new job, working long hours and trying to keep up with the rest of life as well. Please forgive me.

I made a very important realization yesterday. Okay, so I've actually known it for a while, but had just never really looked at it in this context. It's a little something called needs vs. wants. This is a great financial principle (one which I am tolerably good at), but yesterday I was thinking about how God is the only One I need and I came to understand it in a new light.

Basically needs vs. wants means that you have to look at the situation from a stand point of do I need this or do I want this. I don't need a new dress but I do need to pay my rent. That makes for a fairly easy decision to not get the dress and pay my rent instead.

I was thinking about how much I want to get married and yet I know that God is the only One I need always. He is it. If I never get married, if I have nothing else, if I lose everything, it won't matter because I have God. He truly is all that I need. This is something I have known for a long time, but when I realized that a husband is something I want not something I need I just felt like I suddenly had a better understanding of the situation.

It's hard to explain, but somehow I felt like I crossed a threshold. I gained a new perspective and it helped me to be more okay with where I am.

In other news. . .I have decided to start training again. Stay tuned for more news on that front.

Now, I'm gonna go make me some supper because I didn't get lunch and breakfast was a long time ago.

Peace and Mercy.

Comments

  1. :-) you don't need one, but we ALL want you to have one. cause you'd pretty much make the best wifey ever!

    I love you friend. I'm glad Jesus is your true hunk of man meat...ehem...I mean lover...awkward.

    and yes, I'm back from blogger dead. sorry I haven't commented lately. you know I always love your posts :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!