joy overflowing

I got home from school today and for the first time since starting school I was not in a good mood when I finished. There are reasons which I'm not going to go into here because I'm still processing them, but it did make me think that I wanted to do something that would make me happy. . .answer: blog.

I've been thinking a lot lately about things that I treasure. That was a question that I was asked when I was getting ready to start my small group at the PoHo this fall. My answer was laughter. I love laughter. Literally just hearing people laugh puts a smile on my face and causes my heart to well up with joy. I love laughing. I love being around people who laugh. I love capturing those moments in my heart and holding them there. . .treasuring them.

I have been thinking about why I treasure laughter so much, and I think it has something to do with the entire idea of what laughter is.


"For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks."
- Matthew 12:34


What comes out of ones mouth is what is in ones heart. Therefore to have laughter coming out of ones mouth means that ones heart contains laughter, joy bubbling over into sound.

I think that is why I treasure laughter so much because to me it is a sign of a heart the is full and overflowing. I think that's why I love laughing so much because the joy in my heart should not be contained but should overflow to everyone around me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!