life at 23

Lately several things have happened that have caused me to stop and ponder how I spend my time, what I do with my free time and if that fits with what I want my life to be like. I find it interesting the different choices people make in their lives, so I thought I would write a post about what my life is like.

I try to wake up every day with the intent of living each day intentionally. I start my day with prayer and time permitting quiet time. I ask God to bless the day and ask Him to use this day that He has given me in whatever manner He sees fit. I ask for blessing over my relationships and my interactions. I pray that my life would overflow with His Spirit and His love and joy.

I then get ready for whatever that day holds. If I have free time I might spend it hanging out with friends or meeting with a girlfriend for some heart-to-heart conversation. I might spend time baking or doing homework. I might spend time organizing and cleaning or doing laundry. I might spend time blogging or have more quiet time. I might spend time running or doing yoga. I might spend time reading for leisure. A large portion of my time goes to work, especially on the weekends.

I try to keep my life simple because that is best for me. My time is not my own, it belongs to God, and He simply lends it to me to use for Him. I look at what He is passionate about, and what He has given me passion for and try to spend my time in those areas. God loves people and I love people, so I spend large chunks of time investing in the lives of the people around me. God loves when His children want to spend time with Him, and I love spending time with Him, so I spend large chunks of time in His presence, reading His Word and praying.

Mostly I try to get to the end of each day and have no regrets about that day. I try to live in such a manner that when I look back occasionally I have no regrets about how I have spent my time and energy. I try to live well and love well and experience life abundantly.

My life is not idyllic. I don't have a perfect life, and I certainly don't have it all figured out. I have my sorrows and hurts and unmet desires like everyone else. But for the most part my life is happy and full, and I know I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!