everyone deserves birthday cake

I made a birthday cake for a co-worker because everyone deserves cake (or pie or cookies or whatever treat you like best) for their birthday because birthdays and life in general are meant to be celebrated. Life should never be taken for granted or moments passed by. You never get that time or that moment again. God has given us each the amount of time that we have, and He knows what He is doing. He expects us to be good stewards of all that He has given to us. And in case you were wondering just what exactly that is, let me clear that up for you.

God has given you everything that you have, including your very life. Everything belongs to Him, and He has entrusted us with the great duty and responsibility of being His stewards. I feel like I am constantly learning about stewardship, and I feel like I will never be as good and responsible with everything like I should be, but I am trying all the time.

I'm starting with the little things, believing that as I prove faithful in the little things, I will be given greater things to take care of for Him. And so I don't get to stressed about it, I am enjoying the moments of celebration that life brings, like the smile of a co-worker eating a big slice of birthday cake.

Comments

  1. I loved your words. I have been married for 36 years. Have 3 grown children. When I was growing up Birthdays were a Huge thing in my house. Same went for my parent’s anniversaries, and we also celebrate our Name/Saint days with cake and all. I got married and had to go live in various countries because my husband is a diplomat. I always made cakes for my husband and kids, whatever was their favorite. Even when I was pregnant and almost due I would slave in front of a hot oven to make sure my husband would get his cake. Two of my kids were born the same month as my husband. In all these years I have NEVER been given a birthday cake. If I don’t bake one for myself I don’t get anything. Yes we always celebrate, go out to dinner, and have a nice time but NEVER have my husband or kids ever gone out to the nearest supermarket or bakery to buy a ready-made cake, much less get a cake mix and bake one. So a few years back I decided enough was enough and I don’t make birthday cakes for any of them anymore. We do celebrate my birthday and my husband’s but usually we have a dinner and a friend brings cake or we go out to a restaurant. Funny a few years back I happen to get a fortune cookie that said inside “Everyone deserves a birthday cake on their birthday” I taped it to the front door of my closet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!