a desire beautified

I have been incredibly humbled lately as I have been focusing more and more on God's faithfulness. Sometimes God asks us to give up something that we greatly desire, something that is close to our hearts. We don't understand why or what His purpose is in doing this especially when it is a desire that He has placed there, but we aren't required to understand, just to trust Him.

God did this to me last year. He asked me to give up traveling to Him. He asked me not to travel. For anyone who knows me, you know that this is a huge deal for me. I love to travel. It is in my blood, and I love going new places and meeting new people and experiencing different cultures. God always speaks to me through traveling to new places, and He widens my heart to embrace more of His creation and His people.

I really didn't understand why God asked this of me. I was already planning a trip overseas for this last spring when God turned my plans upside down with this simple request. So what do you do when God asks you to give up something, you do it.

I gave up my plans to travel for the year, and I placed that desire in His hands. I didn't get to travel very much last year. Actually, I took only one trip. And then I went on my retreat, and God placed international missions on my heart - specifically Mexico and a trip to Mali this fall.

To make a long story short, I am going to Mexico in about three weeks. I have an information meeting about Mali tomorrow night. And there is a possibility of going to Thailand this summer. All of these are opportunities to travel far away and do God's work. It is all the things I love about traveling, but with an added quality of beauty and completeness to it.

As I meditate on the faithfulness of God in this matter, I am in awe of how His faithfulness is whole and complete. I am in awe of how when He asks us to give something up to Him, He is always faithful to give it back to us in a more real, pure, and beautiful way than we had it before. And I am so excited to see where God takes me in all of these new opportunities that He has placed before me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!