my second favorite thing about traveling

One week ago, I got to experience my second favorite thing about traveling: coming home. I love to travel to see new places and experience new cultures and meet new people, but I love coming home again. I love hearing those words when the customs agent hands me my passport in the airport. There is just something so sweet about coming home. I will give you a longer blog post later about my entire trip to Mexico, but in the mean time, just know that it was incredible.

In many ways I feel like I am still trying to process all that we did and saw. Honestly, I think the culture shock was worse coming back into the States than it was going to Mexico, but more on that later. Until I post about my trip, I will just leave you with this lovely picture. I took this near a town called Zongolica where we turned off the main road to go down the mountain road to get to the village we spent the week working in. It was so beautiful!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!