celebrate good times

So much goodness. . .I don't even know where to begin. I feel like my time just flies away from me even when I am consciously making an effort to slow down and enjoy and savor every moment. The good moments pass far to quickly it seems.

I'm not sure if you have caught onto this, but I kind of like celebrating life. There is just so much to celebrate, and I never pass up on an opportunity to do so if at all possible. I like to think that is my grandma's influence on me. She celebrated every holiday, and I do mean every holiday. How many people do you know who celebrate flag day? My grandma did. 

I'm getting sidetracked. Sorry. There has been a lot of reason to celebrate lately (and there will be many more reasons in the coming months), so I have been celebrating a lot. 

My life is just beautiful, and God's goodness sneaks up on me in the most delightful ways. Remember when I was telling you about that weight I've lost? Well, from my heaviest point I have lost almost 30 pounds. That black dress I'm wearing I never thought I would be able to wear again. That's reason to celebrate!  



Photo Credit to Miss Natalie McNichols
 
I was blessed with many sweet, lovely and thoughtful gifts for my birthday this year. That beautiful orchid was a gift from the lovely lady next to me. She heard me say that I really liked orchids but couldn't bring myself to purchase one because they are a little pricy. So she got me one for my birthday. 

I got to spend the day of the celebration of my birthday doing many of my favorite things. I spent most of the day in the kitchen baking and cooking and preparing for a wine tasting party that we threw. I got to spend time with my sweet friends. I got to spend time in the sunshine as well. 

Then I got to celebrate again with my family. My parents gave me the only thing that I couldn't imagine they would give me. I'm typing on it right now. . .a shiny, lovely MacBook Pro. Yep. . .I'm in love. I squealed and cried and was very humbled. 

There was also a lovely dinner at the restaurant where my sister's wedding reception was held. We celebrated a one year anniversary, my birthday, and Mother's Day with good food, stimulating conversation and delicious wine. 

There are going to be many more things to celebrate in the coming months, and I'm looking forward to all of them. I have so much to look forward to, and I'm delighted at the prospects before me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

I say Hi!

learning to savor