prepare for rain

I woke up early this morning. Wednesday mornings I wake up early anyway because we have 6 AM prayer at church. But this morning I woke up an hour earlier than I needed to. God woke me up. I love it when He does that. Now I groused when I saw what time it was and felt like I hadn't been asleep nearly long enough, but He was immediately telling me scriptures to read this morning. 

And I really love it when He does that. Sometimes that's the quietest point in my mind during a day, so it's easiest for Him to get His message through before everything else starts clouding my thoughts. I love when I get to tangibly feel God's Spirit, and this morning it was immediate when I woke up. I just felt an incredible excitement for what He is doing, how He is moving. 

It was the excitement of a child on Christmas morning who jumps on his parents bed, waking them up because he just can't wait any longer for presents. Except in this case it was my Father who gives good gifts, saying I can't let you sleep any more because I'm so excited to give you this gift! I don't know about you, but when God wants to give me a gift, I love receiving it because He only gives good gifts. It's way better than Christmas could ever dream of being. 

"By entering through faith into what God has always wanted to do for us -- set us right with Him, make us fit for Him -- we have it all together with God because of our Master Jesus. And that's not all: We throw open our doors to God, and discover at the same moment that He has already thrown open His door to us. We find ourselves standing where we always hoped we might stand -- out in the wide open spaces of God's grace and glory, standing tall and shouting our praise.

"There's more to come: We continue to shout our praise even when we're hemmed in with troubles, because we know how troubles can develop passionate patience in us, and how that patience in turn forges the tempered steel of virtue, keeping us alert for whatever God will do next. In alert expectancy such as this, we're never left feeling shortchanged. Quite the contrary -- we can't round up enough containers to hold everything God generously pours into our lives through the Holy Spirit!" - Romans 5:1-5 (The Message)

This is part of the gift He gave me today. The second paragraph especially just really got me today. I think it help to read it in language that I wasn't familiar with because I had to slow down and actually process what it was saying. I love that phrase passionate patience

I love that God uses passionate patience (waiting, endurance) to form virtue (character) to keep us alert for whatever He will do (give us hope). I love that we are never left shortchanged, lacking in any way when we have alert expectancy (hope), but rather we are unable to find enough vessels to hold the abundance that God is pouring out on us.

This just really ministered to me this morning because I have great expectations of the days, weeks, and months ahead. I feel as though in so many areas of life I am coming to a threshold, and I have alert expectancy for it. I feel like this morning was just a taste, a sampling of the abundance to come.  

I feel like this movie scene depicts how I feel about this season. I'm preparing for rain. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!