covenant

I serve a Covenant God. This has been an interesting journey for me to think about what that means, and I have by no means arrived. I am still learning more and more about covenant. I will say though when I first began to be aware of the power of covenant, I got super excited about it. It is an excitement that has continued to grow the more I have learned about covenant. 

I read a book on the Covenant recently, so it has probably stuck out more to me because that has been in my brain. But today at church I had a deeper revelation of covenant because we were talking about Noah. There are several examples of God establishing covenant with different people throughout the Bible, and one of those instances is Noah. After Noah and his family disembark from the ark after the flood, God establishes a covenant with them and with all the animals that have survived in the ark. 

I was thinking about that, and I realized that if you trace that covenant back, it really starts with the deep relationship Noah had with God. That relationship lead God to impart to Noah His plans for what was going to happen. God was establishing His covenant with Noah the moment he began to collect gopher wood to build the ark. As Noah continued to follow the things God told him to do, God established the covenant a little more and a little more. Until, they arrived on the other side of the flood, and God gave them the sign of the covenant that He was establishing with Noah and his family. 

This spoke powerfully to me today because God is faithful to His covenants. He is faithful to the words that He speaks. He is faithful to fulfill His promises. God is faithful, and He is establishing His covenant with us. He establishes it and draws us forth into it more and more every day until He brings us to the other side of whatever He is taking us through and gives us the symbol of the covenant. 

Covenant is not something that we really understand in our culture today. We don't have anything that shows what covenant relationship is like except for marriage and with the marriage trends in this country that's not really an example of covenant either. 

I think part of the reason that God has allowed me to be single is so that He could teach me about covenant by being in a covenant relationship with Him first and foremost. When I make a covenant with people in my life, it will be a covenant that will stand in my heart for all my life. I know this because the covenant that God has made with me will stand in my heart for all eternity, and since I have a desire to be in covenant relationship with Him, I will be able to be in covenant relationship with my family, my friends and my future husband.

I know these things because I serve a Covenant God, and He will always be faithful to His covenant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!