remembrance

I have been remembering a lot lately. There is something about Fall that causes me to reflect more, to remember more, to store up things in my heart and ponder them. I took a quick trip to the place where I spent my childhood this last week, a place where things are familiar, yet foreign. There are many memories that dwell in my heart from that place. 
 
 The Storm Bush*

I have been thinking a lot about remembering lately as well. Remembering is important to God, very important. In Joshua 4, He tells the people of Israel to set up a memorial of remembrance for what He has done. In 1 Samuel 7, Samuel sets up an Ebenezer stone so that Israel might remember that God helped them. God wants us to set up memorials of remembrance.

 
 
The Lorianne Bush*

But God doesn't just want us to set up memorials to Him. He also wants us to realize that He remembers us. In 1 Samuel 1:19 it says that God remembered Hannah (who became the mother of the prophet Samuel) and allowed her to bear a son.

"The Lord has remembered us; he will bless us; he will bless the house of Israel; he will bless the house of Aaron; he will bless those who fear the Lord, both the small and the great." Psalm 115:12,13

God remembers us in the place where we are at today, and God not only remembers us, but He remembers us to bless us. 

*The Storm bush and the Lorianne bush are rosebushes that my parents planted to remember my doggies. They were both hit by cars within four days of each other my senior year of college. Seeing these bushes this week reminded me of how important it is to set up things in our lives that cause us to remember.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!