tears

I have found myself full of tears lately. This is by far one of the things I am most happy to be able to say about myself. I was talking to a dear friend who has shared this journey with me, and I realized that most people don't understand what a victory it is for me whenever I say that I cried about something. 

I rarely used to cry. I grew up hearing that scraps and ouchies were a long way from my heart. I am a farm kid, and with that you just have to buck up and bear stuff. I don't remember exactly when or how it started, but somehow I took those things a little too much to heart, and I stopped allowing my heart to have a say in what I was feeling. I didn't stop feeling, but I buried my heart under layers and layers of hard protective coating. 

It has been about 6 years since I first started realizing that I needed to let God soften my heart. I still struggle sometimes, but every time I cry simply because my heart is moved, I am reminded of the victorious power of Christ in my life. My tears have become liquid words expressed when I have no words to speak. My tears have become a testimony of what God can do in my life when I am surrendered to Him.

Tears are one of the sweetest and most precious things to me, and I am so thankful and grateful to God not only for giving me tears, but for seeing them and holding them in remembrance. Psalm 56:8 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!