worth the wait

He messages me. He takes time and is intentional to respond to me when I message him back. He doesn't keep me hanging, but gets back to me as soon as possible.
  
He compliments me. He tells me that I am intelligent, beautiful, caring. He recognizes and admires my heart for God, and he talks about the Bible with me.
 
He makes me laugh, engages my mind, and challenges me to think in new ways.
 
He is upfront and straightforward with me. He is clear about his intentions, clear about his interest in me. He doesn't string me along or keep me guessing or make me wonder what is going on.
 
He speaks truth to me, affirming my identity in Christ. He speaks life over me. He makes me feel like I am Dorothy, suddenly stepping out of black and white and into Oz, a land of color. 

He makes plans and asks me out on dates. He chooses activities that we both enjoy, and he takes care of me from the moment he picks me up and opens my door for me.
 
He holds my hand as we walk down the street and puts his arm around me in a crowd. He gives me something to look forward to every morning and every evening. 

He makes time for me, taking time off work to spend with me. He takes me hiking and out for pizza and out to coffee. He sends me flowers just because, making all the women I work with jealous. He stays up late to talk to me.

He goes out of his way to make me feel cared for, appreciated, seen. He goes out of his way to make me comfortable, adjusting to the pace that I set. 
He buys me Cheez-It's, the whole grain ones, and Honey Nut Cheerios because he knows that I like them. He picks me up from the airport with flowers in hand.

He goes out of his way to take me to places I want to go. He continually opens my door for me. He listens to me when I talk, and he responds to what I say. He is patient as I try to find the words I want to speak to articulate what is going through my mind.

He makes sacrifices for me. He cherishes me. He accepts me with my flaws and imperfections. He invites me to be a better person. He appreciates me. He values me. He dreams with me. He blesses me. He prays over me. He dresses up for me. He helps me. He inspires me. He likes me as a person. He laughs at my jokes. He sings silly songs with me. He has fun with me.

And he loves me.

This is why it is worth waiting for a good man, a man who loves God more than he can ever love me. I am blessed, and he was worth the wait.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!